White Sweet Potato & Mushroom Soup made with button mushrooms and white sweet potato!
(makes for 2)
Prep Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 25mins
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
1 cup leeks (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
300g brown button mushrooms (sliced)
700g white sweet potatoes (cut into cubes)
750 ml water
Cardamom, to taste
salt to taste
60 gr cashews (previously soaked in
water for 1-2 hours)
100 ml unsweetened plant-based milk
100 ml water
1 tablespoon tapioca flour (approx. 10 g)
how to make it…
Make the cashew cream
1. Place everything into a high-powered blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
Make the soup
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, chopped leeks, and sliced mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
2. Now add white sweet potatoes and water, stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until white sweet potatoes are tender. Season with salt and cardamom.
3. When the soup is done, add cashew cream and use the immersion blender to puree the soup completely (or you can transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy).
4. Put the soup back to the stove and simmer for another couple of minutes on low heat.
5. Feel free to add more water if the soup is too thick to your liking and adjust seasonings accordingly.
6. Pour the soup into bowls, garnish with roasted mushrooms, thyme, white and
black sesame seeds.