Raw Hazelnut Truffles made whole and chopped hazelnuts and dates
Prep time: 10mins
6-7 whole hazelnuts
30 g chopped hazelnuts
2 Medjool dates
3 tbsp almond or hazelnut butter
3 tbsp ground almonds
1 tbsp raw coconut oil
3 tsp raw cacao powder
how to make it…
1. Blend dates, 2 tbsp butter, ground almonds, and 1 tsp of cacao powder (if the mixture is too thick, add a splash of cold water).
2. Take a whole hazelnut and a spoonful of the mixture, form round truffles with wet hands.
3. Roll the truffles in chopped hazelnuts and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime melt the remaining butter, cacao powder, and coconut oil (keep the temperature below 40–48 C to keep truffles raw).
5. Pour the mixture of the truffles and place back in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
6. Best eaten right from the fridge.
Recipe from www.plateprime.com