Smashed Chickpea – Vegan Tuna made with chickpeas, mayo and a squeeze of lemon
1 tin pre cooked chickpeas
4 tbsp of Mayo or yogurt
Squeeze of lemon
1 tsp chopped radish
1 tsp chopped gherkin
1/2 tsp of paprika, salt and pepper
Add some fresh chives, parsley optional spinach
4-6 chopped tomatoes to top
how to make it…
1. Drain the can of chickpeas and mash with a fork and place in a bowl.
2. Finally chop 2 gherkins 2 radishes the seasoning.
3. Add the fresh herbs, lemon and choice of dressing. I used vegan mayonnaise. Keep in the fridge until the potato is ready. You can make this in advance and it will keep in the fridge for 2 days, in an air tight container.
For the roast sweet potato:
1. Wash the potato and scrub well. Chop the ends and prick with fork.
2. I use the microwave for 5 minutes cooking time.
3. Place on a piece of foil, drizzle olive oil an add a pinch of salt and pepper and smoked paprika. Wrap well and cook in the oven for 30 – 40 mins until soft.
4. Cut in half season with salt and pepper. Scoop some of the smashed potatoes and garnish with radish, spring onion and cherry tomatoes. The filling is perfect on toast and a brilliant sandwich filler.
Recipe from: www.heyrenu.com