Roasted Chickpea and Kale Salad with a sweet mango dressing and chia seeds
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20-30 mins
Ingredients for the salad
1/2 cup of kale
1/2 cup of roasted chickpeas
2 tbsp of mango pur e
1 tbsp of olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
1/2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp of chia seeds
1 tsp of lime or lemon juice
Dill for garnishing – optional
Ingredients for the roasted chickpeas
1/2 cup of chickpea – soaked overnight
1/2 tsp of olive oil
1/4 tsp of chili powder/ paprika
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
how to make it…
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C.
2. First wash the chickpeas and drain out all the water (make sure chickpeas are perfectly dry before adding them into the baking sheet)
3. Mix the chickpeas with seasoning, olive oil and put them in a baking sheet. Make sure to spread the chickpeas evenly in the baking sheet to cook them evenly.
4. Roast the chickpeas for about 20-30 mins in the oven at 220˚C
5. Let’s make the salad: Unlike other greens, kale leaves are not very soft or tender so it needs to be massaged before adding it to salads. In order to do that first tare off the leafy parts from the rib (smaller the better) and put it in a bowl.
6. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and gently massage the leaves for about 7. Then add the mango pur e and give it a good mix.
8. Add massaged kale leaves to a large salad bowl and add the roasted chickpea, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, seasoning and give it a good mix.
9. Sprinkle some chia seeds and garnish with some herbs.
Recipe from www.thefoodsnaps.com