Almond Flour Bread with Turmeric made with courgette, coconut butter and almond flour
(makes 8 slices)
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 30mins
170g grated courgette (about
1 medium courgette)
½ tsp coconut butter
(coconut butter is made from coconut flesh
that’s been ground into a spreadable paste)
200g almond flour
50g desiccated coconut
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp sea salt + a pinch of salt for zucchini
pinch of black pepper
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp dry oregano
½ tsp dry chili flakes (optional)
how to make it…
1. Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 347° F.
2. Grate the courgette and add some salt on top (it makes sure you can get the water out of the courgette). Set aside.
3. Cover the baking pan (24 cm x 17 cm) with baking paper and butter the paper with coconut butter.
4. Squeeze the excess water out of the courgette. Mix all the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut, salt, pepper, baking powder, oregano, and chili) in a food processor (you can also do it by hand if you don’t have one).
5. Blend the courgette with all the dry ingredients. Add eggs and blend until smooth.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and the toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let it cool down a little bit before you take it out of the form.
9. Serve the bread with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Recipe from: www.healthylaura.com / @healthylauracom / @healthylauracom