Vegan Blueberry and Raspberry Chia Seed Jam. Packed with antioxidants from the berries, plus lots of fibre and additional nutritional value from the chia seeds.
Chia seed nutritional value and health benefits:
- High in omega 3 and an excellent source of fibre.
- Provides a great source of protein, calcium, manganese, magnesium and phosphorus.
- Also contains potassium, zinc and vitamins B1, 2 and 3.
- Studies have shown that chia seeds can help to improve type 2 diabetes.
- Chia seeds can improve bone health due to the high amounts of calcium they provide- this is important for individuals who do not eat dairy.
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 a cup of frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons of organic agave
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of organic chia seeds
How to make it…
Begin by placing the frozen berries and agave nectar in a saucepan on a medium heat.
Stir gently and you will see the berries start to break down and become syrupy. Mix in the chia and stir occasionally for approximately 10-15 minutes. You will see the mixture begin to thicken – once this happens, remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Transfer the jam into a jar and leave in the fridge for an hour before serving. This will last up to two weeks in the fridge.
Thanks to sophieshealthykitchen.com for this delicious recipe.
Autumn issue of Thrive Magazine is OUT NOW
If you’re looking for some health ideas and recipes to kick-start your health routine, grab our Autumn Issue. At Thrive we only bring you reliable and trustworthy content, covering health, nutrition, and wellness.
Inside this Autumn issue:
• The Brain Food Diet – foods to nourish your grey matter
• Why we’re lacking in Vitamin B12 and what does it mean
• How to eat for your specific body type
• The power of kombucha
• Different sugars and the effect they have on the body
• How Important is calcium in our diets
• Food stories with CNM – natural therapies restored my health
• HOT PRODUCTS
• The science behind our food cravings
• Yoga and nutrition – the perfect pairing
• Trusted information from industry experts on all aspects of Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Mindset…
Recipes including: Late Autumn Gazpacho / Warming Baked Squash / Avocado Sushi Mango Makis / Kale, Banana and Ginger Smoothie Bowl / Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake / Cranberry and Pumkin Seed Flapjacks
Limited copies printed.
BUY YOUR COPY HERE OR SUBSCRIBE