Simple Autumn Vegetable Frittata made with new potatoes, courgettes, broccoli and asparagus
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
¼ cup olive oil
1 lb/450g onions, sliced
1 lb/450g new potatoes left whole if small or
cut into 2” chunks if large
1 lb/450g courgettes, sliced into rings
1lb/450g asparagus or broccoli (or both!),
chopped into bite-sized pieces
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 small bunch fresh oregano or
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Freshly ground salt and pepper
how to make it…
1. Fry the onions in olive oil until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Boil the new potatoes until tender. Allow to cool a little.
3. Boil courgettes and any other green vegetables. Allow to cool a little.
4. Beat the eggs until foamy.
5. Turn oven on to 200ºC.
6. Mix together the fried onions, boiled potatoes, boiled vegetables, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture into a high-sided ovenproof dish of about 8″ diameter.
7. Cook the frittata for about 30 minutes in oven. Insert a knife into the centre of the dish. If it comes out clean with no raw egg sticking to it then the frittata is ready for serving. If not, return the frittata to the oven for 5 minutes and check again whether the knife comes out clean.
8. Serve straight from the dish with a green salad or roasted peppers