About this episode
All about OMEGA 3!
Welcome back to the Ethical Entrepreneurs Podcast, this week on the show, we have Melanie Lawson, founder of Bare Biology. Bare Biology supply high quality Omega 3 fish oils and supplements and Melanie is a huge advocate for transparency when it comes to talking about mental health. Welcome to the show Melanie…
What we cover in this episode:
• The direct link between Omega 3 and mental health.
• Omega 3 and posta-natal depression
• During pregnancy the mothers DHA goes direct to the baby, this now has been proven to have a direct link to postnatal depression.
• Finding a sustainable supplier is key – research and go and visit suppliers
• Omega 6 and Omega 3 are out of balance in the Western world. Our diets are filled with Omega 6 via veg oil production and processed foods. Omega 3’s come from oily fish and this doesn’t play such a bold part in our diet these days!
“Fresh fish is just not so abundant in our diets these days and so omega 3’s have to come from other routes”
“ The smaller the wild fish then the lower the contamination levels”
“It’s ok to put your eggs in one basket as long as you look after those eggs really well!”
“Consumers are changing their priorities, choice is becoming much more important for individuals, and for the environment”
Find out more from Melanie and Bare Biology
More from Thrive:
Thrive Magazine – Become a Healthy Brand Partner for 2019 here >>
What does it mean to be an ethical business?
An ethical business is a business that considers the impact its actions, products and services have on the environment, people and animals. Including the origin and supply chain of it’s products or services and how they manufacture and distribute them.
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this episode. article, video or audio. Thrive Media and The Ethical Entrepreneur Podcast disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of the links within our show notes are for products and services offered by the podcast creator and guest.