Mushrooms Zoodles with Fresh Pesto made with courgette zoodles mixed with sliced mushrooms
For Rocket Pesto:
3 handfuls fresh rocket salad leaves
1 handful fresh basil leaves
1 clove of minced garlic
pinch of sea salt
pinch of freshly grounded black pepper
2 handfuls of cashew nuts (15-20 g)
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
(optional, you can leave this one out when you
would like to make it vegan and paleo. Use an
extra handful of cashews for vegan option)
5-6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp coconut butter
1 minced garlic
250 g sliced mushrooms
3-4 tbsp almond or cashew milk
For seasoning: salt & pepper
For Serving: Fresh basil and toasted
how to make it…
1. Firstly, make the pesto. Place all the pesto ingredients into the food processor and blend on high until it turns into a paste. Add some extra olive oil if it’s too thick.
2. Make your zoodles. While the pesto is blending, spiralize the courgette. If you don’t have special spiralizer, then just use your vegetable peeler and make courgette tagliatelle (I have made butternut pumpkin tagliatelle in this recipe also).
3. Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add coconut butter and garlic. Cook for 15 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
4. When the mushrooms are almost golden lower the temperature.
5. Add zoodles with coconut milk and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes (you might need to cut the zoodles shorter if they are too long). Season with salt (not too much, pesto will have enough salt already).
6. When the zoodles are tender, then add your pesto to zoodles. Mix well. Serve right away with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Recipe from: www.healthylaura.com / @healthylauracom / @healthylauracom