Mango and Passion Fruit Vegan Cheesecake – a delicious no bake cheesecake – perfect for spring dinner parties
Prep time: 40 mins
Total Time 2.40 hours (including setting)
For the base
250g vegan biscuits or if non vegan
50g almond flour
3 pitted dates
2 tablespoons coconut oil
¼ teaspoon salt
For the cheesecake
420g raw cashews soaked overnight
110ml canned coconut milk
60ml coconut oil
75ml maple syrup
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
40g freeze-dried mango pieces
For the passion fruit layer
200g fresh passion fruit flesh (insides only)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon of agar agar
how to make it…
1. Grease a 8” cake tin with coconut oil.
2. In a food processor add the biscuits, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil, salt and blender all until you have a sticky dough. Then press the mix evenly along the bottom of the cake tin and set aside.
3. Now we will combine all the ingredients for our filling – you can use the same food processor without having to wash it. So combine all the ingredients except for the freeze mango bits and blend until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy.
4. Once your mix is creamy and smooth, remember to taste it and adjust the sweetness/acidity levels simply by adding more lemon juice, vanilla or maple syrup.
5. Now we will add our mango bits and mix everything together. We are ready to pour the filling into the prepared cake tin. Smooth out the top and tap the tin against the counter, this will help you get rid of any air bubbles. Place in the freezer.
6. Into a small saucepan, mix the the passion fruit juice, lemon juice and agar agar, and heat over low heat, stirring, until the agar agar dissolves. When you can see it thickening then remove it and pour it on top of the cake – place back into the freezer. Let it set into the freezer for at least 2 hours or until completely firm before slicing and serving.
Recipe from: www.leleslondon.com / facebook.com/lelesclapton / Insta: @leles_london