Fresh Summer Pea and Leek Soup – It’s the perfect summer soup for lunch or dinner. Packed with natural protein from the peas and fibre!
Prep time 5 mins
Cooking time 15 mins
For the soup
450g of frozen peas
3 leeks, sliced
3 small potatoes, chopped into small chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 and 1/2 pints of vegetable stock
good dash of olive oil
1 tbsp herbs, fresh or dried
squeeze of lemon
For the cashew sauce
1/2 cup cashews
1 tbsp fresh herbs
1/2 cup water
how to make it…
1. If you are going to drizzle the cashew sauce on the soup, cover the cashews with water and leave to soak. This can be done in advance or just leave them to soak whilst preparing the soup.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped onion, leeks and potatoes and allow to soften for 10 minutes.
3. Add the stock, peas, seasoning and herbs, keeping a few herbs aside to garnish if using fresh ones.
4. Simmer for fifteen minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
5. Blend with a hand held blender until relatively smooth.
6. Prepare the cashew drizzle by blending with the herbs, juice of 1/2 a lemon, seasoning and water until smooth.
5. Stir a squeeze of lemon juice into the soup and garnish with fresh herbs, pine nuts, almond flakes, sesame seeds and the herby lemon cashew sauce.
Recipe from Krissie at: foodphotographybykrissie.wordpress.com @fancyplantsfoodie