Nutritional Banana & Cacao Loaf sweetened with bananas, cinnamon and maple syrup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
4 medium ripe bananas
1tspn baking soda/bicarbonate
60ml of whole milk (or water)
75 grams of maple syrup
50g of raw cacao powder
150g of gluten free plain flour
1 tspn of cinnamon
1 tspn of vanilla paste (optional)
90g of olive oil (coconut oil can be used
instead, if desired)
how to make it…
1. Start by preheating your oven to 160˙C and line a medium loaf baking tin with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, vanilla paste (if using) and maple syrup.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork and then add into the egg mixture, whisking together until well combined.
4. In another bowl, mix together the bicarbonate of soda, flours, cacao and cinnamon.
5. Pour the dry ingredients in with the wet and mix together with a wooden spoon.
6. Lastly, pour the mixture into the prelined baking tin and bake for about an hour and 10 minutes. After the bread has been baking for an hour, poke a skewer or knife into the middle – if it comes out clean, take it out of the oven. If the skewer is not clean when removed, keep it baking in the oven for a further 10 minutes. Keep in an air tight container for up to 5 days.