Coconut Chia Puddings made with persimmon and pomegranate
Prep time: 10mins
Set time: Ready to eat in 1 hour
or leave in fridge overnight
50g organic chia seeds
250ml unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 or 2 drops of natural almond extract
1 ripe persimmon – sliced thinly
½ pomegranate (seeded)
handful of blueberries
Nut granola of your choice
how to make it…
1. For a creamier more even consistency, slowly whisk 1/4 coconut milk into
the chia seeds, and leave for 5 minutes to thicken up.
2. Add all the remaining milk, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and whisk
3. Place in the fridge to set, it can be ready to go in just about 30 minutes but
you could leave it overnight if you want (for thicker and softer texture)
4. Remove it from the fridge and stir it together. You can see the chia seeds have
formed a gel and the mixture has become a thicker and more pudding like.
5. Arrange your chosen seasonal fruit and a scattering of granola.
Studies have found that persimmons contain twice as much dietary fibre per 100g as apples. Persimmons are also high in vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C and B, potassium and manganese.
Recipe from www.lovefoodibiza.com