Mini Berry Coconut Crumbles
For the crumble:
1/2 c. oats,
1/3 c. ground almonds,
1 tbsp. desiccated coconut,
2 tbsp. coconut oil (plus extra for greasing),
1 tbsp. maple syrup.
For the filling:
2 c. frozen mixed berries,
1/3 c. water,
2 tbsp. maple syrup (add more to taste
depending on the sweetness of your berries),
3 tsp. chia seeds
How to cook
1. First, preheat your oven to a medium heat and lightly grease a small baking tray with coconut oil.
2. Add all of the ingredients for the filling into a saucepan and stir well. Place on a medium to high heat on the stove and stir continuously until the mixture comes to the boil. At this point, turn the heat down and allow the mixture to simmer gently, stirring every so often to ensure that it does
3. Whilst this cooks, combine all of the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl and ensure they are evenly mixed. Spread the crumble over the greased baking tray and place in the oven on a medium heat for 10 minutes. When the time is up, remove and leave to one side.
4. Continue to stir the berry filling frequently – it should reduce and thicken after around 20 minutes. Once it has reached your desired consistency, remove from the heat and pour even amounts into ramekins or small ovenproof dishes, then top with the cooled crumble mixture and place into
the oven on a medium-high heat for 5 minutes until they just begin to turn a light golden-brown colour.
5. Serve immediately, ideally with cold ice cream (try blending chopped frozen bananas with a little water to create a dairy-free ice cream alternative that is just as sweet and delicious!)
Thanks to www.naturalnomad.com for this recipe.