Chia Seed and Fig Breakfast Jar plant-based, gluten free and refined sugar free breakfast.
It’s the perfect breakfast or summer dessert!
Prep time: 5 mins
Soaking time: 20mins or overnight
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup oat milk
1 tbsp oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsps of natural sweetener, such as date syrup (optional)
2 fresh figs
If figs are not available you could substitute with any fruit that will slice nicely, such as strawberry, pear, kiwi or banana.
how to make it…
1. Mix all the ingredients together except for the figs.
2. Leave for 20 minutes to let the chia seeds soak up the liquid. You can prepare the chia mixture the night before if you prefer and leave it to soak in the fridge overnight, then it is super quick to serve in the morning.
3. Serve a little of the mixture into the base of the jar.
4. Insert a slice of fig (around 1/2 cm thickness) and press to the inside of the jar. The fruit should stick to the jar, providing its fresh and juicy enough.
5. Carefully fill the jar with the remaining mixture, being careful not to dislodge the fig.
6. Add more fresh fig toppings and then its ready to serve!
Double up on the ingredients if you want to share!
Recipe from Krissie at: foodphotographybykrissie.wordpress.com @fancyplantsfoodie