Spring Veggie, Green Lentil & Quinoa Salad. Made with spring veggies; including radish, asparagus and peas
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
For the Salad
250g Pre-cooked Quinoa
150g Pre-cooked Lentils (green or red)
4 spring onions
1 large courgette
100g green beans
100g snap peas
Zest from 1 lemon
½ tsp Oil
Handful of fresh chopped herbs
pre-roasted chickpeas or any seed/nut mix
For the Lemon Dressing
30mls (2 tbsp) lemon juice
40ml extra virgin olive oil
10ml (2 tsp) apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp ahallots (finely chopped)
2 tsp tahini
1 tsp maple syrup
Salt & fresh black pepper to taste
how to make it…
1. Dice the courgettes, chop the spring onions and thinly slice the radishes.
2. Heat up the oil in a frying pan, and sauté the courgettes until browning slightly. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan of boiling water, boil the asparagus, green beans and snap peas just for a couple of minutes only – they still need their crunch.
4. Drain the boiling water and plunge the veggies into ice cold water for a few minutes to cool.
5. Chop them into small pieces and assemble the salad.
6. Add all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
7. Drizzle the salad with the lemon vinaigrette and serve.
Recipe from: www.thewrightfoodie.com / @TheWrightFoodie / facebook.com/thewrightfoodie / Insta: @thewrightfoodie