Juicing is big news, just like fasting, juicing has recently become one of the most popular ways of detoxing your body and it is a super way to loose those extra few pounds too.
Juicing can have huge health benefits, aside from weight loss, it gives you healthier and more vibrant skin, it can help clear dermatological conditions such as eczema and it’s a sure fire way of getting your five a day.
But before you go head fast into juicing let’s just highlight a few ideas of how to get the most out of your juicing:
Juicing is a fab way to get your daily vitamins straight into your system.
- It gives you energy – You’ll be jumping out of bed in the mornings.
- You could loose weight by juicing for a few consecutive days.
- Juicing boosts your immune system and keeps colds at bay.
- It cleanses your whole body and organs, allowing the body to enter recovery mode and repair cells.
- Juicing helps detox the liver, allowing for increased liver function and quicker detox. Things to remember:
- Make sure you add green veggies, to your juices, like kale, spinach and chard. See the 80:20 rule below to get a good balance.
- Water down your juices and never clean your teeth straight after drinking them,fruits are high in acids and can damage the enamel on your teeth. So if you need a health boost or are just lacking in energy then grab yourself a juicer and buy in those veggies and fruits and get juicing.
The 80/20 rule of juicing.
Fruits are naturally high in sugars, such as fructose and sucrose, especially grapes, bananas, mangos, apples, pineapples and pears. And although they’re natural sugars they still have the same effect on your body – they make your blood sugar levels peak and dip. So, when it comes to juicing there’s a delicate balance to get the maximum benefit.
Stick to 80% veggies and 20% fruit in all of your daily juices to keep the energy dips at bay. Get juicing and you’ll get the balance right for your body before you know it. Most of all experiment with colourful veggies, they can be sweet too.