Chaga sweet potato wedges with herby tahini sauce from Tulsi Spirit
200g sweet potatoes (we used purple but normal would work just as well!)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Chaga powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the Sauce
¼ cup tahini
½ tsp garlic powder
½ sea salt
Large handful of parsley
Large handful of basil
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ – ¾ cups water
How to make it
1. Heat your oven up to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Chop (and peel if you’d like to) the sweet potatoes into wedges and add to a baking tray.
3. Add olive oil, Chaga and spices to the tray and toss to cover all the sweet potato wedges.
4. Once the oven is hot place the tray in and bake for about 25 – 35 minutes – until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
5. Make the tahini sauce by adding all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, adding water as necessary to reach your desired texture (start with the lower quantity and slowly go up).
6. Serve with the herby tahini sauce. Enjoy!
This healthy recipe is from Tulsi Spirit – www.tulsispirit.com/pages/thrive
Tulsi Spirit ethically sources high quality adaptogens from India, the USA and the pristine forests of Northern Europe. Their mission is to encourage a change in the attitude towards stress and its impacts on health and wellbeing as well as to preserve ancient medicines and support the people who cultivate them, like our trusted growers, while giving back to their communities and to the environment.