Watercress Gazpacho with Manchego Croutes.
- 1kg ripe plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 75g stale crusty bread, chopped
- 2-2.5 tsps sherry vinegar
- 50g watercress
- 2-3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
For the croutes:
- 50g Manchego cheese or parmesan, finely grated
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, for brushing
How to make it…
Place all gazpacho ingredients in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix everything together, pressing down firmly to squeeze out the juices. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or preferably overnight.
Put the mixture into a blender and blitz until smooth. Check the consistency, adding more olive oil if the soup is too thick. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and refrigerate again until thoroughly chilled.
Preheat the oven to 180 ̇C. Make the croutes by thinly slicing the baguette. Brush the slices with olive oil and sprinkle grated manchego or parmesan on top. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
To serve, taste the gazpacho for a final time and adjust seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with some chopped watercress, drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve with the croutes on the side.
Rye Bread with Pumpkins seeds:
265g spelt flour / 265g rye flour 5.5g dry baker’s yeast / 1 tbsp sea salt 425 ml water / Pumpkin seeds
How to make it…
Combine flours, yeast, sea salt and warm water in a bowl and stir with a spoon until you get a sticky rough dough. Add the water slowly. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a dishcloth and let rise for 2 hours at room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, place the dough into the loaf pan Add the pumpkin seeds and press with a spoon.
Bake for 25 minutes at 220ºC
Rye Bread recipe from:
Autumn issue of Thrive Magazine is OUT NOW
If you’re looking for some health ideas and recipes to kick-start your health routine, grab our Autumn Issue. At Thrive we only bring you reliable and trustworthy content, covering health, nutrition, and wellness.
Inside this Autumn issue:
• The Brain Food Diet – foods to nourish your grey matter
• Why we’re lacking in Vitamin B12 and what does it mean
• How to eat for your specific body type
• The power of kombucha
• Different sugars and the effect they have on the body
• How Important is calcium in our diets
• Food stories with CNM – natural therapies restored my health
• HOT PRODUCTS
• The science behind our food cravings
• Yoga and nutrition – the perfect pairing
• Trusted information from industry experts on all aspects of Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Mindset…
Recipes including: Late Autumn Gazpacho / Warming Baked Squash / Avocado Sushi Mango Makis / Kale, Banana and Ginger Smoothie Bowl / Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake / Cranberry and Pumkin Seed Flapjacks
Limited copies printed.
BUY YOUR COPY HERE OR SUBSCRIBE