Spiced Latte Ice Cream Cake Bars made with coconut yoghurt, coconut cream and cacao butter
A simple and tasty sweet snack for breakfast, after lunch or as a dessert. Perfect for a packed lunch too!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Freeze Time: 1 hour
For the base:
1 cup of coconut chips
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1 tbsp of vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup of melted cacao butter
For the filling:
1 cup of coconut yogurt
1 cup of coconut cream
1/2 cup of melted cacao butter
1 cup of coconut milk (room temperature)
1/4 cup maple syrup or any sweetener
chai spices (1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of
ginger, 1/4 tsp of ground cloves)
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
how to make it…
1. Line a 8” square or round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place the dried ingredients in a food processor and process until fine.
3. Add the oil and butter and blend until the dough sticks together.
4. Press into the tin and set in the fridge while you make the filling.
5. Pour the all the ingredients except the cacao butter in a blender and blend
6. Slowly drizzle in the cacao butter and blend for a minute.
7. Take out half of the filling and transfer to a bowl. Add chai spices (1/2 tsp of
cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ginger, 1/4 tsp of ground cloves) and mix to combine.
8. Add 2 tsp of golden milk blend and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder to the half
that’s still in the blender. Blend and pour into a second bowl.
9. Alternate a tablespoon of each filling on the crust until it’s all covered.
Then with a long chopstick swirl around in a circular motion.
Set in the freezer for about an hour before taking the cake out to slice
Recipe from: www.yoursweetnutrition.com