Moroccan-Spiced Aubergine and Spelt Salad – a delicious, lightly spiced salad, full of protein and vitamins.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 4 baby aubergines
- 2 tsp ras el hanout (a blended spice mix from North Africa)
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100g Sharpham Park Pearled Spelt
- 1 blood orange
- 2- 3 radishes
- 50g rocket leaves
- Handful toasted almonds
- Himalayan Salt
How to make it..
Heat the oven to 180C/fan 170C/gas 4.
Slice the aubergines longways and with a sharp knife, score the flesh in a criss-cross pattern. To make the marinade, mix together the res el hanout, honey and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place the aubergines cut-side up in a roasting tin and spoon over the marinade. Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and caramelised. In the meantime, cook the spelt according to packet instructions.
Place the pearled spelt in a saucepan, cover with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, then turn down the heat to low and cook for approximately 10 minutes until just tender. Drain off any excess moisture, then leave to cool while the aubergine finishes cooking. When the aubergine is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Peel and cut the orange into segments and thinly slice the radishes. Prepare to assemble the salad by placing the rocket in a large bowl.Scatter over the spelt, orange and radish slices before topping with the warm aubergine.
Spoon out any remaining marinade from the baking dish and drizzle over the salad – stir through a little oil if it requires loosening. Finish the salad with a sprinkling of toasted almonds.
Autumn issue of Thrive Magazine is OUT NOW
If you’re looking for some health ideas and recipes to kick-start your health routine, grab our Autumn Issue. At Thrive we only bring you reliable and trustworthy content, covering health, nutrition, and wellness.
Inside this Autumn issue:
• The Brain Food Diet – foods to nourish your grey matter
• Why we’re lacking in Vitamin B12 and what does it mean
• How to eat for your specific body type
• The power of kombucha
• Different sugars and the effect they have on the body
• How Important is calcium in our diets
• Food stories with CNM – natural therapies restored my health
• HOT PRODUCTS
• The science behind our food cravings
• Yoga and nutrition – the perfect pairing
• Trusted information from industry experts on all aspects of Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Mindset…
Recipes including: Late Autumn Gazpacho / Warming Baked Squash / Avocado Sushi Mango Makis / Kale, Banana and Ginger Smoothie Bowl / Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake / Cranberry and Pumkin Seed Flapjacks
Limited copies printed.
BUY YOUR COPY HERE OR SUBSCRIBE