Made with ground almonds, super light and fluffy
(Serves 10 slices)
Prep/Cooking time: 45mins.
- 4 free range eggs
- 195 olive oil (if you prefer, you could use coconut oil as an alternative)
- 250 grams ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 65 grams of organic runny honey
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste/extract
- juice of 2 medium or 3 large lemons
To make the drizzle:
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- tablespoon of honey
How to make it…
Start by lining a small loaf tin with baking paper and preheating the oven to 165 degrees.
Mix together the lemon juice, oil, honey, vanilla and eggs. Stir in the ground almonds, poppy seeds and baking powder.
Mix until well combined.
Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for about 30 mins. Make sure you cover it for the first 15 mins – this is because honey burns quickly and can make the top go a bit too brown.
Thanks to Michaella for this recipe: