Creamy Butternut Squash Soup a rich and creamy soup, topped with herbs
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1 1/2 cups of cubed butternut squash
3-4 medium sized chopped onions
2 medium sized chopped garlic cloves
1/4 tsp of minced ginger
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
2 sticks of celery
Few leaves of basil
2 sticks of lemon grass
2 cups of vegetable stock
3 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 cup of sauteed button mushrooms
how to make it…
1. Heat some oil in a pot over medium heat, (you can use coconut oil or
olive oil). Then add diced onions, minced ginger and garlic and cook till it
becomes golden brown.
2. Then add diced squash and vegetable stock and give it a little mix. If you
don’t have a vegetable stock then don’t worry, you can use water instead
but make sure you add some more spice and herbs like coriander leaves,
lemon grass, garlic, onions and carrots as these are the basic ingredients
that you use to make vegetable stock.
3. Then add your herbs and spices – salt, pepper, lemon grass, basil, celery
and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes
covered until squash cubes are tender.
4. Now purée the mixture using a food processor or a blender until smooth
(make sure to remove lemon grass leaves before you blend because its
mostly used to flavor the soup only). Meanwhile you can sauté button
mushrooms, to do that all you have to do is;
5. Heat up a skillet and add some olive oil or coconut oil. Then add chopped
button mushrooms, salt, pepper, 2 tsp of soy sauce and cook for about
5-7 mins tossing and mixing time to time.
When the soup is ready pour it into a soup bowl, add sautéed button mushrooms, garnish with some hemp seeds, chili flakes and herbs.
To finish the soup – swirl with fresh cream or creme fraiche. Top the soup with sauteed mushrooms, seeds and herbs.
Recipe from www.thefoodsnaps.com