Berry Bread made with spelt flour and pumpkins seeds.
- 3 cups of spelt flour
- 3/4 of a cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries (mashed)
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds
How to make it…
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a 1lb loaf tin with coconut oil. In a bowl, combine the spelt flour, dark brown sugar and baking powder.
Add the soya milk, half a cup at a time, mixing in gently. Do the same with the soya milk, making sure all the flour is mixed in, achieving a smooth mix. You can do this with an electric whisk but I like to use a wooden spoon. Then add the coconut oil and stir in well.
Add the cup of blueberries, and stir gently into the mixture. Pour the mix into the prepared loaf tin. In a cup, mash the fresh raspberries well, and drizzle along the top of the bread. Then sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds.
Bake in the oven for 1 hour (until knife comes out clean). Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the tin. Then enjoy!
More recipes over at:
Autumn issue of Thrive Magazine is OUT NOW
If you’re looking for some health ideas and recipes to kick-start your health routine, grab our Autumn Issue. At Thrive we only bring you reliable and trustworthy content, covering health, nutrition, and wellness.
Inside this Autumn issue:
• The Brain Food Diet – foods to nourish your grey matter
• Why we’re lacking in Vitamin B12 and what does it mean
• How to eat for your specific body type
• The power of kombucha
• Different sugars and the effect they have on the body
• How Important is calcium in our diets
• Food stories with CNM – natural therapies restored my health
• HOT PRODUCTS
• The science behind our food cravings
• Yoga and nutrition – the perfect pairing
• Trusted information from industry experts on all aspects of Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Mindset…
Recipes including: Late Autumn Gazpacho / Warming Baked Squash / Avocado Sushi Mango Makis / Kale, Banana and Ginger Smoothie Bowl / Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake / Cranberry and Pumkin Seed Flapjacks
Limited copies printed.
BUY YOUR COPY HERE OR SUBSCRIBE