Avocado Panzenella using left over sourdough bread
Left over sourdough bread
1 garlic crushed
1 red onion thinly sliced
Couple of thinly sliced radishes
1 rip avocado
4 tbsp of olive oil
3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
Salt, pepper, optional smoked paprika
Thinly sliced cucumber
Thinly sliced half celery
Handful of chopped parsley and coriander
how to make it…
1. In a hot pan rip the bread into pieces and slightly toast within some olive
oil, rosemary, salt pepper and some chilli flakes. Cook until golden brown
and allow to cook.
2. In a large bowl, add the sliced onion, add some salt to release the bitter
taste. Leave to sit as you prepare the rest of the salad.
3. Add the sliced radishes, cucumber, celery, chopped avocado.
4. Add the dressing: oil vinegar and garlic mix well.
5. Add the bread and allow to soak all the juice and flavours.
6. Garnish with coriander and parsley.
This salad uses apple cider vinegar – a well known and popular home remedy that has been used it for centuries in cooking and medicine. Like other fermented foods, unpasteurised apple cider vinegar contains gut-friendly bacteria
Recipe from: www.heyrenu.com