This lovely vegan berry tart is loaded with antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and lots of beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
• 2 tbsp chia seeds (soak in ½ cup water for about 5 minutes)
• 1 cup hazelnuts (blend to flour consistency)
• ½ cup gluten free flour
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ cup olive oil
How to make it…
Preheat oven to 200c. Put all the ingredients into a bowl or mixer, and mix well. Make a round ball out of the dough and press into a 20cm cake form, lined with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes and leave to cool before adding the toppings.
Chocolate filling ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes (steam in oven on 180c for 40 minutes or until soft, scoop out the flesh and allow to cool)
½ cup of soaked cashews (soak for 1 hour)
7 dried apricots (soak in water for 1 hour)
4 tbsp raw cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
5 tbsp cashew (or other plant) milk
1 tsp maple syrup
Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries or other berries in season. Pour over some liquid chocolate (warm up 1tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp maple syrup). Use organic ingredients where possible.
Thanks for this recipe go to Nutritional Therapist Beata Devlin for CNM (College of Naturopathic Medicine). Find out more at: www.naturopathy-uk.com
Summer issue of Thrive Magazine is OUT NOW
If you’re looking for some health ideas and recipes to kick-start your Summer, grab our Summer Issue. At Thrive we only bring you reliable and trustworthy content, covering health, nutrition, and wellness.
Inside this Summer issue:
• Go nuts for Coconut
• Breaking your bad habits when it comes to food
• How to eat healthy on the go
• Eating for a healthier heart
• Train to be a Natural Vegan Chef with CNM
• Polyphenols – the super antioxidants
• Food stories with CNM
• HOT PRODUCTS
• Magnesium – are you giving your body enough?
• Trusted information from industry experts on all aspects of Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Mindset…
Recipes including: Super Slaw / Best ever chia jam / Hot smoked salmon salad / Kale and mango smoothie bowl / Summer salads / Rye porridge with tangerines
Limited copies printed.
BUY YOUR COPY HERE OR SUBSCRIBE